Saturday 28 March 2015

Fifteen  copies of my dummy books made and three X portfolios later - yes it must be the Bologna Children's Book Fair.


Here, book deals are brokered, international editions sold and hundreds of illustrators hawk their portfolios around to show art directors.

Luckily for me my work will be on the Cambridge School of Art stand, run by our fantastic tutors Pam Smy and Marta Arltes. Their diaries are full as word of the MA continues to spread amongst the industry.



Along with projects I created for my Masters, I have meetings to discuss new picture book ideas too. Below is a character sketch (one of many) from a new project about a girl and her dog Boris.
Right, I better pack!






2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Rob - I have just got back home. It was a highly successful trip (big smile on face) and to make it even better the weather was beautiful too! I bumped into Hazel Terry our mutual friend who joined a big group us for a meal one evening. It was a merry night out indeed!!

      Delete